Terms and Conditions
Notice Required by the Information Practices Act
Renewable Funding, LLC is a private corporation and is designing, implementing and maintaining this website on behalf of the California Energy Commission under the Energy Upgrade California™ program. Information you provide through this website is submitted directly to Renewable Funding, LLC, which is conducting this work as a subcontractor under the Energy Commission’s contract with the Local Government Commission. Any personal information collected from you by Renewable Funding, LLC on behalf of the California Energy Commission is subject to the protections established by the California Information Practices Act of 1977 (”Information Practices Act”) (Civil Code, sections 1798 et seq.). Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, social security number, physical description, home address, home telephone number, education, financial matters, medical or employment history, family size and composition, and energy usage.
The purpose of Energy Upgrade California™ is to make it easier for property owners to get information about making and financing energy efficiency improvements, and to connect customers with contractors and financial incentives. Participation is voluntary. Therefore, if you submit information into this website, including information that may considered personal as defined by the Information Practices Act, you must agree and acknowledge that you are providing such information voluntarily, and that you are permitting the disclosure of your personal information subject to the Terms and Conditions provided herein.
Pursuant to Section 1798.17 of the Information Practices Act, you are hereby provided the following notice:
- The state agency requesting this information is the State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission (California Energy Commission), Efficiency & Renewables Division.
- The Energy Commission Specialist I at the Energy Commission is responsible for the system of records and shall, upon your request, inform you regarding the location of your records and the categories of any persons who use the information in those records. The Energy Commission Specialist I can be reached at 1516 Ninth Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or (916) 654-5072. You have a right to access records with your personal information maintained by the Energy Commission.
- The Energy Commission is authorized to maintain your information by Public Resources Code, section 25218(e).
- Each item of information you submit to Energy Upgrade California™ is entirely voluntary. This program is optional, and designed to assist you with making and financing energy efficiency improvements to your property.
- The potential consequences of not providing all or any part of the requested information in this website include but are not limited to: inability to provide you the best information about energy efficiency upgrades, incentives, contractors and financing; inability to connect you directly with contractors, utilities, financial institutions and other participating partners to facilitate your energy upgrade project. You may be able to benefit from programs and incentives not funded by the Energy Commission by contacting the partner directly, outside of this website.
The principal purposes for collecting this information (“Principal Purposes”) include but are not limited to:
- providing you the best information about energy efficiency upgrades, incentives, contractors and financing;
- connecting you directly with contractors, utilities, financial institutions and other participating partners to facilitate your energy upgrade project;
- reporting program information for activities funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to the U.S. Department of Energy;
- sharing program information with participating local governments;
- monitoring, verification and evaluation of energy efficiency projects;
- monitoring the expenditure of public funds for fraud, waste and abuse; and
- research and analysis of the types and effectiveness of energy efficiency projects in California;
Participating in Energy Upgrade California™ and submittal of your personal information into this website requires your voluntary consent to disclose your personal information to participating partners for the Principle Purposes described above, at any time without limitation after you submit the information, except that your personal information will only be disclosed to those specific contractors or financial institutions which you expressly authorize by further written consent.
Copyright © 2011 Renewable Funding, LLC. All rights reserved
Renewable Funding, LLC
1. Information Collected
Renewable Funding, LLC may prompt a user of the service, depending on the user’s actions and requests, for personal or secure login information. For example, when a user attempts to store updates to their property characteristics or to save their on-line project files for later retrieval, Renewable Funding, LLC will request the necessary information to create or access a password-protected account for that user. And when such an active account user requests and authorizes the Renewable Funding, LLC service to release their project files or other information to one or more third-party vendors, the user may be prompted to provide more personal information for the purpose of facilitating such contact with those vendors.
Examples of the types of personal and property-related information that Renewable Funding LLC may collect include:
- Email Address(es)
- Account User Name(s)
- Personal Password(s)
- First and Last Name
- Site or Property Address(es)
- Contact Phone Number(s)
- Type and Physical Characteristics of Buildings on Site or Property
- Tax Lot or Other Property Identifying Information
- Property Use Characteristics
- Size of Site or Property
- Soil Type and other GIS Information About the Property
We collect and track certain technical information to ensure that your consumer experience is a beneficial one. We may also use technical information to store your preferences and make future visits to our site quicker for you.
- Cookies – a cookie is a small file stored on a user’s computer that contains information about the user. We use either session ID cookies (which terminate once a browser is closed) or persistent cookies (which are small text files stored on a user’s hard drive for an extended period of time). Cookies allow us to see how and when you use our sites, but they cannot be used to track personal information such as email address or phone number. Cookies also allow us to store the personal preferences that you set during each visit to our sites which can speed up your future visits.
- Log files – Renewable Funding, LLC uses log files to track how our sites are being accessed and used. Log files track anonymous user information such as IP addresses, browser types, Internet service providers, referring and exit pages, platform type, date and time stamps, and number of clicks to, from, and within our sites. Web logs are tracked only on Renewable Funding, LLC’s servers and do not place anything on your computer.
- Information from Banner Ads – if you arrive at this website through a banner ad, Renewable Funding, LLC can track where you arrived from, as well as clicks that might have impacted our servers. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to gather personal information about you.
2. How Your Information is Used
How we share information with contractors
When you submit your information to Renewable Funding, LLC and you authorize and request that it is shared with contractors, your information is used to match you with, and is transmitted to, contractors who you specifically select who can best serve your needs to facilitate their direct contact with you.
How we internally use technical information to improve marketing
By submitting information to Renewable Funding, LLC and by expressly selecting specific contractors through the Renewable Funding, LLC website, these contractors or vendors may contact you using the phone numbers and/or email addresses provided. In order to stop these communications, you must contact the contractors directly and request that they stop contacting you.
Last Revised: February 7, 2011
Copyright © 2011 Renewable Funding, LLC. All rights reserved