1 Rebates & Incentives
Reduce the cost of your project through rebates and incentives.
2 Financing (optional)
You may be eligible for low interest financing.
3 Contractors & Raters
Find local contractors and raters that help you get started.
NOTICE OF RIGHTS AND PROTECTIONS
Renewable Funding, LLC is a private corporation and is designing, implementing and maintaining this website on behalf of the California Energy Commission under the Energy Upgrade California™ program. Information you provide through this website is submitted directly to Renewable Funding, LLC, which is conducting this work as a subcontractor under the Energy Commission’s contract with the Local Government Commission. Any personal information collected from you by Renewable Funding, LLC on behalf of the California Energy Commission is subject to the protections established by the California Information Practices Act of 1977 (”Information Practices Act”) (Civil Code, sections 1798 et seq.). Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, social security number, physical description, home address, home telephone number, education, financial matters, medical or employment history, family size and composition, and energy usage.
The purpose of Energy Upgrade California™ is to make it easier for property owners to get information about making and financing energy efficiency improvements, and to connect customers with contractors and financial incentives. Participation is voluntary. Therefore, if you submit information into this website, including information that may considered personal as defined by the Information Practices Act, you must agree and acknowledge that you are providing such information voluntarily, and that you are permitting the disclosure of your personal information subject to the Terms and Conditions provided herein.
Pursuant to Section 1798.17 of the Information Practices Act, you are hereby provided the following notice:
- The state agency requesting this information is the State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission (California Energy Commission), Efficiency & Renewables Division.
- The Energy Commission Specialist I at the Energy Commission is responsible for the system of records and shall, upon your request, inform you regarding the location of your records and the categories of any persons who use the information in those records. The Energy Commission Specialist I can be reached at 1516 Ninth Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or (916) 654-5072. You have a right to access records with your personal information maintained by the Energy Commission.
- The Energy Commission is authorized to maintain your information by Public Resources Code, section 25218(e).
- Each item of information you submit to Energy Upgrade California™ is entirely voluntary. This program is optional, and designed to assist you with making and financing energy efficiency improvements to your property.
- The potential consequences of not providing all or any part of the requested information in this website include but are not limited to: inability to provide you the best information about energy efficiency upgrades, incentives, contractors and financing; inability to connect you directly with contractors, utilities, financial institutions and other participating partners to facilitate your energy upgrade project. You may be able to benefit from programs and incentives not funded by the Energy Commission by contacting the partner directly, outside of this website.
The principal purposes for collecting this information (“Principal Purposes”) include but are not limited to:
- providing you the best information about energy efficiency upgrades, incentives, contractors and financing;
- connecting you directly with contractors, utilities, financial institutions and other participating partners to facilitate your energy upgrade project;
- reporting program information for activities funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to the U.S. Department of Energy;
- sharing program information with participating local governments;
- monitoring, verification and evaluation of energy efficiency projects;
- monitoring the expenditure of public funds for fraud, waste and abuse; and
- research and analysis of the types and effectiveness of energy efficiency projects in California;
Participating in Energy Upgrade California™ and submittal of your personal information into this website requires your voluntary consent to disclose your personal information to participating partners for the Principle Purposes described above, at any time without limitation after you submit the information, except that your personal information will only be disclosed to those specific contractors or financial institutions which you expressly authorize by further written consent.