What’s a green label?
The GreenPoint Rated label is the mark of quality for green home upgrades. It verifies that your home upgrade was installed according to proven green standards, and can improve your property value at time of sale.
When a homeowner participated in GreenPoint Rated, their home received points for green home improvements. To ensure that every GreenPoint Rated home was healthy and efficient from the inside out, points were given in five different categories:
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: including lighting, insulation, heating and cooling.
- RESOURCE CONSERVATION: including the use of materials with recycled content or sustainably harvested materials.
- INDOOR AIR QUALITY: including healthier materials and optimal ventilation.
- WATER CONSERVATION: including low-flow toilets and other fixtures, low-water use landscapes, green roofs, and water catchment systems.
- COMMUNITY: including access to public transportation, parks, and amenities.
When a home earned the required minimum point values, it was awarded the GreenPoint Rated label.
How did the green label work with Energy Upgrade California?
Getting the Green Label as an Enhanced Option with Energy Upgrade California’s Advanced Package is easy and affordable.
It’s easy. Getting an energy upgrade through Energy Upgrade California helped you earn a majority of the 25 points you needed for the GreenPoint Rated Elements label.
- With the Advanced Package, you can earn 20 out of the 25 points needed.
- With the Enhanced Option, you can earn all 25 points needed.
It’s affordable. In addition to up to $4,500 in Energy Upgrade rebates for the Advanced Package, Los Angeles County homeowners who received the GreenPoint Rated label were eligible to receive these rebates:
$1000 rebate on a GreenPoint Rated Elements label
The Elements label was awarded to homes that earned a minimum of 25 points in green building best practices. It was developed with a small remodel or addition in mind. It was a great stepping stone for homeowners making small improvements over time.
$2,000 rebate on a GreenPoint Rated Whole House label*
The Whole House label was awarded to homes that earned a minimum of 50 points in green building best practices. It was developed for homeowners doing a large renovation, total remodel, or cumulative improvements made over time. A home with this label had significantly better energy efficiency and reduced environmental impact compared to homes of a similar vintage.
*Existing homes conducting a total remodel and submitting under LEED-H were also eligible for the $2,000 rebate.
$400 BONUS on Both Labels
Los Angeles County residents participating in this program will also received a complete waiver of the $400 GreenPoint Rated processing fee!
Visit greenpointrated.com for more information.