Whole House Home Energy Rating
How your upgrade makes the grade
A Whole House Home Energy Rating can be a helpful first step on your path to energy efficiency. Provided by a Whole House Home Energy Rater (Whole House Rater), this service consists of an energy assessment and a rating that includes:
- A comprehensive energy assessment of your home using state-of-the-art technologies
- A list of specific opportunities for energy-saving improvements
- An estimate of your potential utility bill savings
- An energy rating, or score, that shows how your home compares with California energy code
Whole House Home Energy Raters
All Whole House Raters are trained, tested and certified to perform Whole House Ratings based on standards established by the California Energy Commission.
Whole House Raters can provide an independent energy assessment or work with Participating Contractors to provide the energy assessment needed to qualify homeowners for available incentives.
How a Whole House Home Energy Rating works
- Schedule an appointment with a Whole House Rater from the online Rater Directory.
- The Whole House Rater will complete an initial energy assessment. You may stop here or proceed to steps 3 and 4.
- Plan and complete an Home Upgrade with a Participating Contractor listed on the Energy Upgrade California website.
- After your upgrade is finished, the Whole House Rater will conduct a final Whole House Rating to document your home's improved energy efficiency.
None currently offered