FAQ on Contractor Registration
Q: I am not listed on the Energy Upgrade California website. How do I sign up?
A: Listing on the Energy Upgrade California website is for Participating Contractors only.
To become a participating contractor, you must first attend the required utility participation workshop and complete a contractor application. If you plan on offering the basic option only, you must attend a basic training course before you can get listed on the site.
If you want to be listed as a solar contractor and you are NOT signed up with GoSolarCalifornia.org, go to http://www.gosolarcalifornia.org/installers/installer.php to sign up.
If you are already qualified as an energy efficiency or solar contractor by completing the appropriate training or registration, please contact contractors@EnergyUpgradeCA.org and ask for the registration email to be re‐sent to you.
The registration email will contain a unique URL for your company and will allow you to register your company on the Energy Upgrade California site.
Q: I am already a Participating Contractor but I am not listed on the website. What do I do?
A: If you are a participating energy efficiency or solar contractor and have completed the appropriate training or registration, please contact contractors@EnergyUpgradeCA.org and ask for the registration email to be re‐sent to you.
The registration email will contain instructions for how to to register your company on the Energy Upgrade California site.
Q: How do I edit or update my company description, email, website or phone number?
A: Visit the directory listing page for details. You'll need your company's CSLB#.
To navigate to the directory listing page:
- Visit the "Contractors and Raters" page on any Energy Upgrade California county page
- Select the “I'm a Contractor or Rater” tab, or if in LA County select the "How to Participate" tab
- Select the "Directory Listing" tab, and submit the your company’s California State License number and email address.
Within 24 hours, an update form will be sent to the email address associated with the company listing as provided by the utility rebate administrators.
Q: How do I edit or update my company services?
A: The list of services offered by each company is derived from an authoritative list provided by third party program administrators, including:
- Energy Assessment – Listing as utility‐qualified Advanced Home Upgrade Contractor, as provided by utility program administrators
- Solar – Registration on the CEC Solar list (http://www.gosolarcalifornia.org/installers/installer.php), as provided by the California Energy Commission
- Green Options – Utility‐qualified Home Upgrade or Advanced Home Upgrade Contractor plus Build It Green (BIG) Certified Green Professional, as verified by BIG
Q: How do I edit or update my program credentials (Home Upgrade or Advanced Home Upgrade and BPI certifications)?
A: Program credentials are verified and provided by the utility program administrator. Please contact the following adminstrators for information on how to edit your credentials:
- PG&E- Build it Green Contractor Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCE or SoCalGas – Lacey Ednoff, CBPCA: email@example.com
- SDG&E, CCSE – JesseFulton, CCSE: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMUD - Kristin Gaspar, CBPCA: email@example.com
Q. How often is the contractor list updated?
A: The utility program administrators provide Energy Upgrade California with updated contractor lists each week by Friday. Each list contains the name and email provided by your company when you completed your utility contractor application.
The list also includes the BPI certifications and/or accreditation and CSLB number for your company. The program administrator verifies these items before
sending the list to Energy Upgrade California.
The Energy Upgrade California web portal processes these lists as they are received. We then send an email from contractors@EnergyUpgradeCA.org to the email address you provided to the program administrator. This email includes instructions for how to register for the Energy Upgrade California site and provide the neccesary information for your website listing.
Please note that registration and edits do not appear instantaneously on the site. Revisions will be activated on the site within 1 business day of your changes being made. Registration emails for newly approved contractors and reminder emails for those that have not yet registered will be sent once a week on Wednesday from contractors@EnergyUpgradeCA.org.